Prof. Jaco van de Pol
- PC co-chair of
appFM 2021, 1st International Workshop on Applicable Formal Methods (Beijing, China), with Mario Gleirscher and Jim Woodcock.
- Simon Wimmer won a
H2020 MSCA Individual Fellowship in Aarhus,
for his project "Certywhere" - Safe Real-Time Systems: Certification Everywhere.
- My PhD students Vincent Bloemen and Marcus Gerhold win the
VERSEN PhD Thesis Award 2020
- We won the Oded Maler best paper Award 2020 at FORMATS 2020 (Vienna)
with Simon Wimmer and Frédéric Herbreteau
- We published
The 2020 Expert Survey on Formal Methods with Hubert Garavel and Maurice ter Beek
- PC member of Petri Nets 2022,
International Conference on Concurrency Theory, Bergen, Norway.
- PC member of CONCUR 2021,
International Conference on Concurrency Theory, Paris, France.
- PC member of FM 2021,
Formal Methods, Beijing, China.
- PC member of TACAS 2021,
Tools and Algorithms for the Construction and Analysis of Systems, Luxembourg.
- PC member of SETTA 2021,
Symposium on Dependable Software Engineering
Theories, Tools and Applications, Beijing, China.
- PC member of FMICS 2021,
Formal Methods in Industrial Critical Systems, Paris, France.
- PC member of SPIN 2021,
SPIN Symposium on Model Checking Software, Aarhus, Denmark.
- PC member of Petri Nets 2021
- Invited Lecturer at FSTTCS tutorial
Advances in Verification,
Bits-Pilani, Goa, India, 2020
- Invited Speaker at
CONCUR 2019, Concurrency Theory, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Best Student Paper Award at BPM 2018, Sydney Australia, with
Vincent Bloemen, et al.
- Best Paper Award at SPIN 2017, Santa Barbara, USA, with Wytse
Oortwijn, et al.
I am teaching a 10EC course on
Computability and Logic.
From spring 2022, I will be teaching a 10 EC course "Algorithmic Model Checking" with Andreas Pavlogiannis.
Are you interested in the Computer Science
MSc programmes, or
PhD programmes at Aarhus University?
Academic Service (since 2014)
- Editorial board SCP
(Science of Computer Programming)
- Editorial board STTT
(Software Tools and Technology Transfer
- Member of the Steering Committee SPIN Symposium on Model Checking Software
- Chair of the Steering Committee of FMICS,
the ERCIM working group on Formal Methods in Industrial Critical Systems
- Organizer of the Lorentz Workshop on
Verification Competitions, Feb 2019, Leiden, The Netherlands
- Program Chair of
TACAS 2015 (tool chair),
AVOCS 2014, and
- PC member of:
- FM 2021,
FM World Congress 2019,
- Petri Nets
- CONCUR 2021
- FORTE 2019
- FSCD 2019
- SBMF 2019
- FMCAD 2018
- SynCop 2018
- TMPA 2017
- LATA 2015
Modeling and analysis of safety, dependability, performance, and security aspects of
software-intensive embedded systems by means of model checking,
theorem proving and testing.
Synthesis of parameters and strategies for the control and testing of safety-critical systems.
The development of new model checking techniques based on symbolic techniques
(e.g. abstraction, confluence, fixpoint equation systems, constraint solving) and
high-performance graph algorithms (e.g. distributed and multi-core model checking algorithms).
include embedded systems (e.g. railway safety interlockings), distributed systems (e.g. blockchain and smart contracts),
security protocols and risk analysis (e.g. through attack-defense trees),
energy optimisation (e.g. through stochastic timed automata)
and signaling pathways in biological systems.
- May 2019: Nominated for the best teacher award at CS@Aarhus for my course on Computability & Logic
- Two papers at TACAS 2019, both with Artefact Evaluation Stamp
- Djurre van der Wal wins the Internet MSc thesis prize 2018.
- I came to Aarhus University by November 1st, 2018