Jesper Buus Nielsen
You are viewing the professional homepage of Jesper Buus Nielsen.
I am an associate professor at Aarhus University.
I am part of the
Group, which has a proud
Our book on
Multiparty Computation and Secret Sharing
is now available.
I'm currently primarily interested in
implementing secure multiparty computation in
practice, rational cryptography, leakage resilient
cryptography, tamper resilient cryptography,
and universal composability.
In the past I worked on a wide range of topics within and relating to
- Asymptotic complexity of multiparty computation
- Asynchronous distributed computing
- Byzantine agreement
- Chosen-ciphertext security
- Implementing secure multiparty computation in practice
- New approaches to secure multiparty computation
- Non-committing encryption and deniable encryption
- How to model security
- Oblivious transfer
- Threshold cryptosystems
- Cryptography and game theory
- Security amplification of block-ciphers
- Universally composable security
- Secure quantum computation
PhD Students, Past and Present
I have had the honour to be supervisor the following brilliant PhD
- Claudio Orlandi
- Peter Sebastian Nordholt
- Pavel Hubáček
- Angela Zottarel
- Thomas Pelle Jakobsen
- Tore Kasper Frederiksen
- Pratyay Mukherjee
- Bernado Machado David
- Roberto Trifiletti
If you are trying to find one of my publications, try
for already published papers.
Try IACR ePrint for newer papers and full papers.
Here is some data on me from
Some papers you will not find on the above two sites:
Some teaching material:
- Impossibility Results in Logic, Nielsen, 2011 [pdf]
I'm on the
board of the
Information Security, primarily handling Multiparty
your good manuscripts. I'm committed to making very fast a
process. Please don't submit any bad manuscripts. I will do all in my
power to have them summary rejected. Feel free to contact me with
I reviewed grant proposals and/or evaluated reseach projects for the
following research agencies:
I acted on the PC committee for the following schools:
- European Research Counsil (ERC)
- the Israel Science Foundation (ISF)
- Indo Swiss Joint Research Programme (ISJRP)
I acted as program committee member for the following conferences:
- ETH Zurich
- Tartu University
- TU Eindhoven
I (helped) organize the following workshops and schools:
ARES: International Conference on Availability, Reliability and Security, 2006-2008.
ASIACRYPT: International Conference on the Theory and Application of
Cryptology and Information Security, 2004,2007,2010.
CRYPTO: International Cryptology Conference, 2009,2010,2011,2013.
CT-RSA: RSA Cryptographer's Track, 2009.
EUROCRYPT: International Conference on the Theory and Applications of
Cryptographic Techniques, 2007, 2012.
Colloquium on Automata, Languages and Programming, 2007.
ICISC: Annual International
Conference on Information Security and Cryptology, 2005Â2009.
ICITS: International Conference on Information Theoretic Security,
MSN: International Conference on Mobile Ad-hoc and Sensor Networks,
PKC: International Workshop on Practice and Theory in Public Key
Cryptography, 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014.
PROVSEC: The Provable Security Conference, 2010.
SCN: Conference on Security and Cryptography for Networks, 2010.
SPEED-CC: Software Performance Enhancement for Encryption and Decryption and
Cryptographic Compilers, 2009.
TCC: Theory of Cryptography Conference, 2006, 2012.
- CAGT Workshop 2009 June 02 [html]
- Summer school on rational cryptography 2008 [html]
- Workshop on models for cryptographic protocols 2006 [html]
- Crypto Computing (2013)
- Cryptographic Protocol Theory
- Distributed Systems
- Projekter i it sikkerhed (EVU) 2012
- Kryptografi (it-vest, 2012) [html]
- Introduktion til it-sikkerhed (it-vest, 2012) [html]
- Computability and Logic
- Distributed Systems (2011)
- Computability and Logic (2010)
- Projekter i it sikkerhed (it-vest)
- Cryptographic protocol theory (2010)
- Kryptografi (it-vest) [html]
- Introduktion til it-sikkerhed (it-vest) [html]
- Introduction to cryptography (2008) [html]
- Note on electronic payment systems [pdf]
- Note on universally composable zero-knowledge proof of membership [pdf]
Here are links to some of my papers to support a more open access. If
there is a paper of mine you need to read and you cannot access it
elsewhere, write me, and I will add it to the list.